Assignment: NR 507 Midterm Exam
Assignment: NR 507 Midterm Exam
1. Question : What is the ratio of coronary capillaries to cardiac muscle cells?
2. Question : What part of the kidney controls renal blood flow, glomerular filtration, and renin secretion?
3. Question : What effect do natriuretic peptides have during heart failure when the heart dilates?
4. Question : What is the primary site for uncomplicated local gonococci infections in men?
5. Question : Which term is used to identify the movement of gas and air into and out of the lungs?
6. Question : Which manifestations of vasoocclusive crisis are associated with sickle cell disease (SCD) in infants?
7. Question : When a patient has small, vesicular lesions that last between 10 and 20 days, which sexually transmitted infection is suspected?
8. Question : What is the role of collagen in the clotting process?
9. Question : Immunoglobulin E (IgE) is associated with which type of hypersensitivity reaction?
10. Question : When an individual aspirates food particles, where would the nurse expect to hear decreased or absent breath sounds?
11. Question : Research supports the premise that exercise has a probable impact on reducing the risk of which cancer?
12. Question : In a normal, nonmutant state, an oncogene is referred to as a:
13. Question : What is the trigone?
14. Question : Erythrocyte life span of less than 120 days, ineffective bone marrow response to erythropoietin, and altered iron metabolism describe the pathophysiologic characteristics of which type of anemia?
15. Question : Which laboratory test is considered adequate for an accurate and reliable diagnosis of gonococcal urethritis in a symptomatic man?
16. Question : What is the life span of an erythrocyte (in days)?
17. Question : Which hepatitis virus is known to be sexually transmitted?
18. Question : An infant has a loud, harsh, holosystolic murmur and systolic thrill that can be detected at the left lower sternal border that radiates to the neck. These clinical findings are consistent with which congenital heart defect?
19. Question : The risk for respiratory distress syndrome (RDS) decreases for premature infants when they are born between how many weeks of gestation?
20. Question : An infant’s hemoglobin must fall below ___ g/dl before signs of pallor, tachycardia, and systolic murmurs occur.
21. Question : What is the primary problem resulting from respiratory distress syndrome (RDS) of the newborn?
22. Question : What is the most common cause of iron deficiency anemia (IDA)?
23. Question : A person with type O blood is considered to be the universal blood donor because type O blood contains which of the following?
24. Question : An individual is more susceptible to infections of mucous membranes when he or she has a seriously low level of which immunoglobulin antibody?
25. Question : It has been determined that a tumor is in stage 2. What is the meaning of this finding?
26. Question : How is most of the oxygen in the blood transported?
27. Question : Which substance has been shown to increase the risk of cancer when used in combination with tobacco smoking?
28. Question : Which organism is a common sexually transmitted bacterial infection?
29. Question : The coronary ostia are located in the:
30. Question : Which type of immunity is produced by an individual after either natural exposure to the antigen or after immunization against the antigen?