DNP 810 Topic 8 Case Study: Cumulative Part 4 BRCA 1 Mutations
You will be creating a case study in stages over four course topics. This assignment will add to your previous work in Topic 5. Use an example from your own personal practice, experience, or own personal/family; however, simulated cases are not acceptable for practice immersion hours and therefore not acceptable for this assignment. Examples might include a patient with Duchesne’s muscular dystrophy, Huntington’s disease, Down’s syndrome, sickle cell anemia, BRCA 1 or BRCA 2 mutations, or other genetic disorder that you and/or the organization you practice in may specialize in treating.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
- This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
- Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments. The APA Style Guide is located in the Student Success Center.
- This assignment requires that at least two additional scholarly research sources related to this topic, and at least one in-text citation from each source be included.
- You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Refer to the for assistance.
For this assignment (Conclusion of the “Case Study”), include Parts 1, 2, and 3 of the “Case Study” in one document, combined with additional genetics information learned from the assigned readings from all course topics. Make sure you have incorporated any faculty feedback received from previous reports. Do not copy/paste entire papers from Parts 1, 2 and 3. Create a document including only the following areas from previous case reports:
- Describe the disease, its prevalence, its incidence, and general knowledge of the disease.
- Discuss the laboratory testing that can be done.
- Describe if chromosomal analysis is/was indicated and detail the chromosomal change that caused the disease if it is a chromosomal disorder.
- Describe the disorder in terms of its origin as either a single gene inheritance, or as a complex inheritance and considerations for practice and patient education.
- Describe the gene mutation of the disease, as well as whether it is acquired or inherited, and how the mutation occurs.
- Examine how genetics can influence policy issues.
- Discuss any nutritional influences for this disease.
- Process of nutritional assessment and counseling as it relates to health, prevention, screening, diagnostics, prognostics, selection of treatment, and monitoring of treatment effectiveness.
In addition, your case study must include the following:
- Discuss any ethical considerations for this disease.
- Compare how genetics can improve care and health outcomes while reducing cost to usual practices.
- Discuss the changes in approaches to care when new evidence warrants evaluation of other options for improving outcomes or decreasing adverse events.
- Create a plan for how you might educate colleagues and/or patients on this genetic disorder.
It may be possible to earn portfolio practice immersion hours for this assignment. Enter the following after the references section of your paper:
Practice Immersion Hours Completion Statement DNP-810
I, (INSERT NAME), verify that I have completed (NUMBER OF) clock hours in association with the goals and objectives for this assignment. I also have tracked said practice immersion hours in the Typhon Student Tracking System for verification purposes and will be sure that all approvals are in place from my faculty and practice mentor.Case Study: Cumulative Part 4 BRCA 1 Mutations
Sample DNP810 Week 5 Discussions Solution Paper
Describe one health issue and discuss how nutrition can impact this health issue positively and negatively.
Diabetes is a common health issue now a days. Most of the people who are suffering from diabetes also suffer from different other issues. Diabetes and nutrition has direct relationship in both positive and negative manners. Nutrition and diet habits directly effect on our body and life. Poor nutrition means damage of physical and mental health. A healthy and nutrition full diet is considered to be the therapy of this disease but some time it also create worse conditions. If a diabetic person eat against their nutrition plan it will lead to some time death. Nutrition is an essential part of diabetes care.
As opposed to a prohibitive diet, a diet reasonable for diabetes is just an adhering to a good diet plan that is individualized by your necessities and way of life. Individuals with diabetes don’t have to go on an extraordinary diet. You may need to change your diet, instead of redesign it. On the off chance that you have diabetes, your specialist would likely prescribe that you see a Dietitian to direct you on dietary changes that can enable you to control your blood glucose levels and deal with your weight. For ideal diabetes control, one must perceive that amount and nature of starches are to be considered. Not all sugars influence your blood glucose levels a similar way.
Gibaldi, J. (2004). MLA Handbook for Writers of Research Papers (sixth edition). . New York: The Modern Language Association of America.
Singh RB, R. S. (1997). Diet and lifestyle guidelines and desirable levels of risk factors for the prevention of diabetes and its vascular complications in Indians: a scientistatement of the International College of Nutrition. J Cardiovasc Risk , 4:201–8.
Choose one disorder of malnutrition. Discuss the genetic and environmental influences on this disorder, including prevalence rates, testing, treatment, and prognosis.
Scurvy is the common disorder of malnutrition. It occurs because of the absence of Vit-C. Scurvy is uncommon in industrialized countries, however it can influence more established individuals, the individuals who devour inordinate amounts of liquor, and individuals who don’t eat crisp products of the soil. A few newborn children and kids who take after a restricted eating regimen for any reason might be inclined to scurvy.
It is not just a nutritional disorder but it has also some genetic possibilities. It also happen due to the polymorphism in plasma protein haptoglobin. Prompt diagnosis and treatment can prevent the development and complications of malnutrition. The sort of treatment will rely upon the seriousness of the malnutrition, and the nearness of any hidden conditions or complications. The human services supplier will set up a focused on mind design, with particular goes for treatment. There will ordinarily be a nourishing project with a uniquely arranged eating regimen, and potentially some extra wholesome supplements. Individuals with extreme malnourishment or ingestion issues may require counterfeit nourishing help, either through a tube or intravenously. The patient will be nearly observed for advance, and their treatment will be frequently surveyed to guarantee their nourishing needs are being met. General checking can help guarantee a suitable admission of calories and supplements. This might be balanced as the patient’s prerequisites change. Patients getting fake wholesome help will begin eating typically when they can.
Langlois MR, D. J. (1997). Effect of haptoglobin on the metabolism of vitamin C. . Am J Clin Nutr , ;66:606-610.Case Study: Cumulative Part 4 BRCA 1 Mutations