- To extend the bottom border of a hyperlink across the complete width of a navigation list, change the ____ property of each hyperlink to block.
- With the overflow property, a value of ____ instructs browsers to increase the height of an element to fit the overflow content.
- ____ an element takes that element out of the normal flow of the document and positions it along the left or right edge of its containing element.
- Some designers propose the use of ____, in which all measurements are expressed relative to the default font size using the em unit.
- A popular design element is the ____, which consists of an enlarged initial letter in a body of text that drops down into the text body.
- The style ____ places a double border above and below the element, and a single border on the element’s left and right edges.
- The current versions of both Firefox and Safari have adopted the ____ standard.
- Each browser’s ____ style sheet sets the margins around block elements such as paragraphs and headings.
- ____ is the repetition or alternation of a design element in order to provide a sense of movement, flow, and progress.
- What is the value of the list-style style that will cause no marker to be displayed?
- The ____ process repeats the image in both the vertical and horizontal directions until the entire background is filled.
- If you enter only one value for border-radius properly, that radius is applied to ____ corner(s).
- WebKit, Mozilla, and Presto support similar extensions that mirror the ____ background-size and background-clip properties.
- A(n) ____ represents a single dot on the output device.
- With semi-transparent colors, the final color rendered by a browser depends on the background color of the ______element.
- ______ measures the brightness of the color and ranges from 0% (black) up to 100% (white).
- CSS allows RGB values to be entered as ____.
- A technique known as ______ enhancement places code conforming to older
standards before newer properties.
- If two style rules have equal specificity, and thus equal importance, then the one that is defined _____ in the style sheet is the one used.
- The color scheme that uses two hues close to one another on the color wheel in which one color is the
dominant color and the other is a supporting color used only for highlights and nuance is _____.
- Browsers recognize five ____ font groups.
- Graphic designers consider ____ easier to use because it allows you to guess at an
initial color based on hue and then tweak the saturation and lightness values to fine-tune
the final color.
- CSS supports styles to define both the text and ______ color for each element on your page.
- In the hexadecimal system, 16 is expressed as ____.
- Inline styles are styles applied directly to specific elements using the style attribute
<element style=”style rules”> … </element>
where element is the HTML element and _______ are CSS styles applied to that element.
- If an element contains 12pt text, a length of 2em equals ____.
- Which of the following is an HTML-supported kind of path?
- You link to an id or anchor using the anchor name preceded by the ____ symbol.
- A page containing an outline of the entire site and its content, called a(n) ____, can be supplied to users.
- To specify a hotspot in an image map, you can use the ____ shape.
- Which of the following relative pathnames is interpreted as “the chem.htm file is in the tutorial subfolder one level up in the folder tree from the current file”?
- A(n) ____ path provides a precise location for a file.
- Sections of most commercial Web sites are off-limits except to subscribers and registered customers and have a(n) ____ Web page that users must go through to get to the off-limits area.
- A structure to make it easier for users to return immediately to the home page or other main pages is called a(n) ____.
- To reference a file in a folder directly above the current folder in the folder hierarchy, relative pathnames use two ____.
- To differentiate the absolute pathnames to files that are located on different drives, HTML requires you to include the drive letter followed by a ____.
- The accompanying figure shows an example of a(n) ____ applied to a link.
- A(n) ____ path specifies the location for a file in relation to the folder containing the current Web document.
- If a network covers several buildings or cities, it is called a ____.
- _________ do not contain content, but often are employed to send directives to browsers regarding how a page should be rendered.
- A Web ____ makes a page available to users of the Web.
- The largest WAN in existence is the ____.
- A host that provides storage space for saving and retrieving files is called a _______.
- A ____ language is a language used to describe the content and structure of documents.
- Documents on the Web are known as Web ____.
- To add notes or comments, insert a comment tag using the syntax ______
- The document ______ is not displayed within the page, but is usually display in a browser’s title bar or on a browser tab.
- Closing tags are identified by the ____ that precedes the tag name.
- In addition to content, elements also support _______ that specify the use, the behavior, and in some cases the appearance of an element.
- A(n) ____ list is used to display information in sequential order.