Want create site? With you can do it easy.
Discussion: MGT Of Health Programs
Discussion: MGT Of Health Programs
According to the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (2002), “a central goal of healthcare quality improvement is to maintain what is good about the existing healthcare system while focusing on the areas that need improvement” (para. 2). This assignment will familiarize you with the quality improvement (QI) approaches and models that health care administrators can effectively apply.
Use the library to access the following book: The healthcare quality book: vision, strategy, and tools. Review Chapter 4, Quality Improvement: Foundation, Processes, Tools, And Knowledge Transfer Techniques. There are six approaches/models of quality improvement discussed in Chapter 4.
Create an 8- to 10-slide PowerPoint (PPT) to discuss three of the six approaches/models of quality improvement discussed. Your presentation should address the following explicitly:
1. Explanation and/or reasoning for the importance of using quality improvement as a health care administrator.
2. The steps, stages, or processes of each selected approach/model.
3. Example of health care administrator’s applicable use of each selected approach/model.
1. Speaker notes, citations, and a reference slide are required.
2. Conduct additional research to gather sufficient information to support the information presented in PPT.
3. Support your case with peer-reviewed articles, with at least 2 references (you can use the book as one reference). Use the following source for additional information on how to recognize peer-reviewed journals:
4. You may use the following source to assist in formatting your assignment:
In order to provide integrated health services, health service delivery systems should address the entire spectrum of care, from promotion and prevention through diagnostic, rehabilitation, and palliative care, as well as all levels of treatment (e.g. hospital and community care).
Resilient and sustainable health systems emphasize the importance of assisting countries in achieving universal health coverage by enhancing the efficiency and efficacy of their health-care delivery systems.
The UNDP’s contribution to health-care initiatives
UNDP collaborates with governments and partners to help countries experiencing development challenges and emergencies implement and administer health programs, including enhancing national health policies and programs.
The HIV, Health, and Development (HHD) Strategy 2016-2021: Connecting the Dots outlines the organization’s unique contribution to the global health response through interconnected efforts to reduce inequalities and social exclusion that fuel HIV and poor health, promote effective and inclusive health governance, and build resilient and sustainable health systems.
A framework for managing programs effectively
1. Determine the most effective service delivery models.
2. Make sure there are adequate skilled health workers. 3. Gather and analyze relevant data to help in decision-making.
4. Ensure the safety and efficacy of medications and health technologies.
5. Establish a budget and keep track of spending
6. Oversee and assist other implementation partners
7. Link program accomplishments to national health strategies.
1Assess the optimum service delivery models based on national plans and stakeholder consultation.
2Ensure that sufficient numbers of health personnel are trained and motivated to satisfy the demands of countries.
3Collect and analyze relevant, accurate facts in order to make informed decisions
4Ensure the safety, efficacy, and affordability of key medications and other health technology.
5Prepare a budget and keep track of your spending.
6Support and manage additional implementation partners
7Relate program accomplishments to national health policies and plans to ensure that available country resources are used to their full potential.
Participation of stakeholders
The UNDP’s proposal
UNDP, in collaboration with ministries of health and the World Health Organization, supports the creation of good program management throughout the program’s life cycle to ensure:
Gap analysis and needs assessment are used to build programs that are relevant.
that relevant national policies are implemented
All stakeholders are included in all stages of the process, and suitable management and governance mechanisms are in place.
that data is acquired and analyzed in order to make decisions
that programs are rigorous in achieving quality results against a plan, yet flexible enough to allow for ongoing focus renewal and adaptation to change
Support the formulation of national health strategies at the national level, and direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations System at the global level.
Management of the program in accordance with human rights principles
In order to contribute to universal health coverage, effective and efficient program administration should guarantee that program planning and implementation adhere to the basic principles of equality and non-discrimination.
Activities should be carried out in such a way that everyone in need of information or services, regardless of age, gender, social standing, or sexual orientation, can get them.
Did you find apk for android? You can find new and apps.