The patient is a 68-year-old man who sustained a head injury after falling in the bathroom. He arrives in the emergency department (ED) cheerful, alert, and oriented to person. On physical examination, he has a large hematoma on his left forehead. He reports a headache in the left temporal area, which he rates as an 8/10. His wife was present during the incident. Admission vital signs are: blood pressure, 170/92 mm Hg; pulse, 92 beats/min; respirations, 14 breaths/min; and temperature, 98.7° F. The physician orders a one-time dose of acetaminophen 650 mg orally for the patient’s headache, which the nurse promptly administers. The patient reports a pain level of 5/10 at 1 hour after the intervention.
1. Why is it important to determine the circumstances of the fall for this patient?
2. Discuss the importance of obtaining baseline behavior and information from the wife.
3. The ED physician orders computed tomography (CT) of the brain for the patient. What is the purpose of this test, and what are the nursing responsibilities in preparing the patient for this procedure?
4. Because the patient is at risk for increased intracranial pressure, explain how the patient should be positioned and moved in bed.
5. The CT and other diagnostic results are negative and the patient is diagnosed with a minor head injury and contusion to the right extremity. He is discharged to home. Review the patient teaching instructions that should be given to the patient and his wife.
6. The wife appears unwilling to take her husband home and she states that she doesn’t understand the discharge instructions. What can the nurse do in this situation?
7. Use the focus charting method (also known as the DAR method—data, action, response) to document the administration of acetaminophen, including appropriate follow-up.
Why Choose Instant Nursing Papers?
Quality Nursing Papers
We assist students in achieving the best top-grade in their nursing papers, and in compliance with the provided instructions. Have your nursing paper written with a certified specialist Ph.D., Bachelor's, and Master's graduates with many years of experience in academic writing.
Experts with Ph.d., MDs and DNP Holders
Our writers have acquired Ph.D., MDs and DNP credentials from world class institutions. Our writers can handle papers from any discipline and can handle over 100+ subjects.
Nursing Papers Cheap
We provide a great deal of student-friendly prices and professionalism with all our nursing essay writing services. Our paper writing services have a user-friendly interface and professional nursing academic assistance. We are committed to assisting all students with their nursing assignments and projects regardless of their academic level.
Fast Paper Delivery
Our writers follow a strict schedule to ensure papers are delivered before the deadline to enable our editors to proofread before the final delivery to our customers. We strictly observe the early delivery of assignments to meet our clients' deadlines.
Plagiarism-free Nursing Papers
Our expert nursing paper writers are dedicated to conducting thorough research and writing papers from scratch to deliver original papers. To avoid paper plagiarism, all orders go through steps of writing, editing, and proofreading.
24Hour Customer Help
Our customer support is available 24/7/365 to help clients and make their paper writing services easy to use. Our experienced support team is available to answer your queries any time, 24 hours a day.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Our Nursing Papers Writing Service
We provide Nursing Assignment Services to Nursing students. Also, we are not limited to providing Nursing assignment help to students only. We also provide assignment help and solutions to community health nursing, Anatomy & Physiology, Microbiology, Biochemistry and Biophysics, and Nutrition & Dietetics.
Sit back, relax while our writers sort you out on your most daunting nursing essay queries on how to write a good nursing essay. We got you if you are looking for the best nursing essay services.
It is no doubt that qualifying for a nursing career is difficult and requires a series of tests. Most nursing students must put in a lot of work in their assignments and coursework. Instantnursingpapers.com will help you answer queries such as “who can write my nursing research paper?”.
Nursing Dissertation Help
Instantnursingpapers.com will save you the hustle of undergoing pressure or even depression while doing your nursing dissertation paper. Save yourself from all the long sleepless nights and pressure by working with our best nursing dissertation writing professionals.
Nursing Coursework Help
If you happen to hop into our site in search of nursing coursework help, look no further. We are the number one solution for the best nursing coursework assignments. Therefore, to complete the best APA nursing coursework, seek help from professional nursing coursework experts at instantnursingpapers.com