Organizational Behavior Management Assignment
Organizational Behavior Management Assignment
Organizational Behavior Management
Psychology / Applied Behavior Analysis / Organizational Behavior Management
PS430: Program Design and Evaluation
Unit 9 Final Project
The following course outcomes are assessed with the Unit 9 Assignment:
· PS430-3: Design a program based on research methods and principles of Applied Behavior Analysis.
· GEL-1.1: Demonstrate college-level communication through the composition of original materials in Standard American English.
· GEL-6.6: Apply research to [topic or field of study].
The work you have done during your internship at ACME has been recognized and now there are many agencies in your area looking for a comprehensive plan using behavior analytic principles and research methods. This is your chance to apply what you have learned about Organizational Behavior Management (OBM) to create an effective-evidence based intervention for an organization.
The following organization has requested the creation of a behavior analytic program to assist with some concerns:
· Stars ABA provides clinic-based, ABA interventions for children with autism. Stars uses discrete trial training to teach children skills and appropriate replacement behaviors. Stars also creates systematic behavior intervention plans to decrease interfering behaviors. The following are some of the issues Stars has encountered:
· Staff are not delivering reinforcers on a frequent basis when children are engaging in appropriate behavior.
· Staff are providing a lot of attention and reacting emotionally when children engage in inappropriate behavior.
· Many Stars’ staff arrive late for their scheduled shifts.
· Stars has experienced a high turnover rate. They have had 3 of 15 staff leave in the last 6 months.
Your task is to create a plan for a program to address the issues that Stars is having with staff. You should create a plan detailing a behavior analytic process and solution for Stars’ concerns. Include a brief explanation of the research strategies used to support your ideas. Your paper should contain all of the following and should be separated into sections covering each step:
1. Problem Identification:
a. Conduct a preliminary assessment with Stars ABA personnel to identify the problems within the organization.
b. Describe the use of at least one tool you would use to gather specific information about the problems at Stars.
c. Identify the type of data utilized during this step.
d. Operationally define the problem(s) requiring intervention.
e. Discuss potential contingencies that may impact the staff behavior at Stars ABA.
· Include a discussion of reinforcement and punishment.
2. Identify Program Question and Research Design
a. Select 1 program question for your intervention.
b. Select and describe the research design you will use to demonstrate the effectiveness of your program.
c. Discuss the strength and weakness of your selected research design and why it is the best choice for your selected intervention.
3. Select and Describe Your Intervention
a. Choose one of the following interventions and describe how you would implement one of the following:
· Competency Based Staff Training
· Reinforcement Plan for Staff
b. Your plan should be evidence-based and include a description of the following components:
· Describe how the program will be implemented.
· Discuss who will be responsible for implementing the program.
· Identify the type of data that will be collected throughout the program.
· Indicate specific behavior analytic measure, i.e., frequency, duration, percent correct, etc.
c. Describe ongoing documentation and data collection that will take place during the intervention.
· Indicate how the data will be collected and what kind(s) of data sheets will be used? Will the data be graphed?
d. Create two SMART goals for the program.
4. Program Evaluation
a. Discuss how data will be evaluated, including:
· Schedule of observation: how often will the behaviors be assessed?
· What factors will be considered when evaluating the data?
· How will the data be evaluated?
· Visual Analysis
b. Discuss how you will use data to determine effectiveness of the intervention.
· How will you conclude that your intervention is effective?
c. Describe the steps to be taken based on the effectiveness of the intervention.
· Include a discussion of the variables that could impact the success of the intervention.
Your Assignment should follow APA formatting and citation style and include:
· Title Page
· Reference Page
· Main body of the evaluative paper should be 6–8 pages and double-spaced
· Included APA headings that are: left aligned, bold face, and contain upper case and lower case letter for each section of your plan
· At least three academic references (including your course text)
· The essay should be written using standard paragraph structure and 12 point Times New Roman font.
You must proofread your paper. But do not strictly rely on your computer’s spell-checker and grammar-checker; failure to do so indicates a lack of effort on your part and you can expect your grade to suffer accordingly. Papers with numerous misspelled words and grammatical mistakes will be penalized. Read over your paper – in silence and then aloud – before handing it in and make corrections as necessary. Often it is advantageous to have a friend proofread your paper for obvious errors. Handwritten corrections are preferable to uncorrected mistakes.
Use a standard 10 to 12 point (10 to 12 characters per inch) typeface. Smaller or compressed type and papers with small margins or single-spacing are hard to read. It is better to let your essay run over the recommended number of pages than to try to compress it into fewer pages.
Likewise, large type, large margins, large indentations, triple-spacing, increased leading (space between lines), increased kerning (space between letters), and any other such attempts at “padding” to increase the length of a paper are unacceptable, wasteful of trees, and will not fool your professor.
The paper must be neatly formatted, double-spaced with a one-inch margin on the top, bottom, and sides of each page. When submitting hard copy, be sure to use white paper and print out using dark ink. If it is hard to read your essay, it will also be hard to follow your argument.
ADDITIONAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE CLASS
Discussion Questions (DQ)
Initial responses to the DQ should address all components of the questions asked, include a minimum of one scholarly source, and be at least 250 words.
Successful responses are substantive (i.e., add something new to the discussion, engage others in the discussion, well-developed idea) and include at least one scholarly source.
One or two sentence responses, simple statements of agreement or “good post,” and responses that are off-topic will not count as substantive. Substantive responses should be at least 150 words.
I encourage you to incorporate the readings from the week (as applicable) into your responses.
Your initial responses to the mandatory DQ do not count toward participation and are graded separately.
In addition to the DQ responses, you must post at least one reply to peers (or me) on three separate days, for a total of three replies.
Participation posts do not require a scholarly source/citation (unless you cite someone else’s work).
Part of your weekly participation includes viewing the weekly announcement and attesting to watching it in the comments. These announcements are made to ensure you understand everything that is due during the week.
APA Format and Writing Quality
Familiarize yourself with APA format and practice using it correctly. It is used for most writing assignments for your degree. Visit the Writing Center in the Student Success Center, under the Resources tab in LoudCloud for APA paper templates, citation examples, tips, etc. Points will be deducted for poor use of APA format or absence of APA format (if required).
Cite all sources of information! When in doubt, cite the source. Paraphrasing also requires a citation.
I highly recommend using the APA Publication Manual, 6th edition.
Use of Direct Quotes
I discourage overutilization of direct quotes in DQs and assignments at the Masters’ level and deduct points accordingly.
As Masters’ level students, it is important that you be able to critically analyze and interpret information from journal articles and other resources. Simply restating someone else’s words does not demonstrate an understanding of the content or critical analysis of the content.
It is best to paraphrase content and cite your source.
For assignments that need to be submitted to LopesWrite, please be sure you have received your report and Similarity Index (SI) percentage BEFORE you do a “final submit” to me.
Once you have received your report, please review it. This report will show you grammatical, punctuation, and spelling errors that can easily be fixed. Take the extra few minutes to review instead of getting counted off for these mistakes.
Review your similarities. Did you forget to cite something? Did you not paraphrase well enough? Is your paper made up of someone else’s thoughts more than your own?
Visit the Writing Center in the Student Success Center, under the Resources tab in LoudCloud for tips on improving your paper and SI score.
The university’s policy on late assignments is 10% penalty PER DAY LATE. This also applies to late DQ replies.
Please communicate with me if you anticipate having to submit an assignment late. I am happy to be flexible, with advance notice. We may be able to work out an extension based on extenuating circumstances.
If you do not communicate with me before submitting an assignment late, the GCU late policy will be in effect.
I do not accept assignments that are two or more weeks late unless we have worked out an extension.
As per policy, no assignments are accepted after the last day of class. Any assignment submitted after midnight on the last day of class will not be accepted for grading.
Communication is so very important. There are multiple ways to communicate with me:
Questions to Instructor Forum: This is a great place to ask course content or assignment questions. If you have a question, there is a good chance one of your peers does as well. This is a public forum for the class.
Individual Forum: This is a private forum to ask me questions or send me messages. This will be checked at least once every 24 hours.