Generational Work Expectations. [CLOs: 2, 4, 5]. 1st Post Due by Day 3. Chapter 10, as well as your required resources, address employee attitudes and suggests that an increase in job performance is reliant on job satisfaction. The authors of our text suggest that highly satisfying jobs are more complex, requiring the worker to utilize a variety of skills and to deal with unpredictable situations (i.e., teaching, managing, engineering, etc.), unlike jobs where the work is repetitive and less thought-provoking (general laborers, factory workers, and the like). In addition, the work expectations are suggested to differ based on generation, which may likely also affect job satisfaction.
• Consider the generation you fall into, based on the text: o TheTraditionalists armatures
o Generation X
o Generation Y or the Millennials
o Generation Z
· Consider your own expectations. Do they align with what the content and outside sources suggest about the characteristics of these generational groups?
· Applying this component (work expectations), consider your goals for returning to school. Do your goals align with these expectations?
· Do you think your educational/career goals align with the suggestions about job satisfaction? Do you desire to obtain a higher-level thinking career? If so, why? If not, why not?
· After analyzing all the factors, what do you think the implications might be on an organization’s productivity with the evolving employee expectations, need for work-life balance, and job satisfaction? Do you think we will see changes in the future in how organizations achieve these goals? How?
· Consider a goal you might assign to a group at work, the organization where you volunteer, or another potential organization. (Examples: (a) to decrease the errors in timecard submissions, or (b) to submit a group project to the instructor successfully.) Applying Chapter 9, what potential strategies would be important to consider to assist a diverse multi-generational team in deciding on possible strategies and successfully meeting the goal?
Your initial post should be between 350 and 400 words/