Qualitative and quantitative research critique
Qualitative and quantitative research critique
Revise the PICOT question you wrote in the Topic 1 assignment using the feedback you received from your instructor.
The final PICOT question will provide a framework for your capstone project (the project students must complete during their final course in the RN-BSN program of study).
In the Topic 2 and Topic 3 assignments, you completed a qualitative and quantitative research critique on two articles for each type of study (4 articles total). Use the feedback you received from your instructor on these assignments to finalize the critical analysis of each study by making appropriate revisions.
The completed analysis should connect to your identified practice problem of interest that is the basis for your PICOT question.
Refer to “Research Critiques and PICOT Guidelines – Final Draft.” Questions under each heading should be addressed as a narrative in the structure of a formal paper.
Proposed Evidence-Based Practice Change
Discuss the link between the PICOT question, the research articles, and the nursing practice problem you identified. Include relevant details and supporting explanation and use that information to propose evidence-based practice changes.
Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
Research Critiques and PICOT Question Guidelines – Final Draft
Use this document to organize the content from your four studies into your final draft.
Quantitative and Quantitative Studies
1. Summary of studies. Include problem, significance to nursing, purpose, objective, and research question.
How do these two articles support the nurse practice issue you chose?
1. Discuss how these articles will be used to answer your PICOT question.
2. Describe how the interventions and comparison groups in the articles compare to those identified in your PICOT question.
Method of Study:
1. State the methods of the articles you are comparing and describe how they are different.
2. Consider the methods you identified in your chosen articles and state one benefit and one limitation of each method.
Results of Study
1. Summarize the key findings of each of the studies into a comprehensive summary.
2. What are the implications of the four studies you chose in nursing practice?
1. Discuss two ethical consideration in conducting research.
2. Describe how the researchers in the four articles you choose took these ethical considerations into account while performing their research.
1. What are the anticipated outcomes for your PICOT question? Qualitative and quantitative research critique
2. How do the outcomes of the four articles you chose compare to your anticipated outcomes?
RUBRICS: Evidence of incorporation of research critique feedback and revision is comprehensive and thoroughly developed. PICOT question clearly articulates a nursing practice problem using substantial supporting information from numerous reliable sources. Background of studies, including problem, significance to nursing, purpose, objective, and research questions, is thorough with substantial relevant details and extensive explanation. Discussion of method of studies, including discussion of conceptual/theoretical framework, is thorough with substantial relevant details and extensive explanation. Discussion of studies results, including findings and implications for nursing practice, is thorough with substantial relevant details and extensive explanation. Discussion of ethical considerations associated with the conduct of nursing research is thorough with substantial relevant details and extensive explanation. Conclusion summarizes utility of the research from the critical appraisal, knowledge learned, and the importance of the findings to nursing practice. Discussion of the relationship between the PICOT question, research articles, and nursing practice problem is extremely thorough with substantial relevant details and extensive supporting explanation. The proposed evidence-based practice change is extremely thorough and includes substantial supporting explanation and numerous relevant details. Thesis is comprehensive and contains the essence of the paper. Thesis statement makes the purpose of the paper clear. Argument is clear and convincing and presents a persuasive claim in a distinctive and compelling manner. All sources are authoritative. Writer is clearly in command of standard, written, academic English. All format elements are correct. Sources are completely and correctly documented, as appropriate to assignment and style, and format is free of error.