The Individual Success Plan (ISP) assignment requires your collaboration with the course faculty early on to establish a plan for successful completion of mutually identified and agreed upon specific deliverables for your programmatic requirements.
The Individual Success Plan (ISP) assignment requires your collaboration with the course faculty early on to establish a plan for successful completion of mutually identified and agreed upon specific deliverables for your programmatic requirements. Programmatic requirements are: (1) completion of required practice immersion hours, (2) completion of work associated with program competencies, (3) work associated toward completion of your Direct Practice Improvement Project.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment as it pertains to deliverables due in this course:
- Locate and download the Individual Success Plan (ISP) document in the DNP Program Documents folder in the DNP Program Materials section of the DC Network.
- Review the DNP Program Milestones document in the DC Network and identify which milestones apply to this course. Note: Not all courses have milestones.
- Determine what practice experiences you plan to seek in order to address each competency. Include how many hours you plan to set aside to meet your goals. Learners will apply concepts from each of their core courses to reflect upon, critically examine, and improve current practice. Learners are required to integrate scholarly readings to develop case reports that demonstrate increasingly complex and proficient practice.
- Use the ISP to develop a personal plan for completing your practice hours and for how competencies will be met. Show all of the major milestones and deliverables.
Within the ISP, ensure you identify specific deliverables which can include the following: Individualized DNP practice immersion contracts; comprehensive clinical log of hours applied to doctoral level learning outcomes; learner evaluations; mentor evaluations; current and updated CV; scholarly activities; GCU DNP competency self-assessment; reflective journal; course goals and plan for how competencies and practice immersion hours will be met; faculty and mentor approvals of course goals and documented practice immersion hours; and DPI project milestones.
- Identify the specific deliverables you will complete throughout this course from those defined above or others negotiated with your faculty. You must turn in a new ISP in each course.
- Identify the remaining deliverables you will complete in the upcoming courses.
- List the challenges you expect to encounter as you continue the practice hour and competency requirements throughout this course? How might you overcome these challenges?
- You can renegotiate these deliverables with your faculty throughout this course and update your ISP accordingly.
- This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
- Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments. The APA Style Guide is located in the Student Success Center.
Complete the Contact Information table at the beginning of the ISP document and type in your signature and the date on which you completed the table.
Read the information in the ISP document including the following:
- Learner Expectations
- Derivation of the ISP
- Instructions for Completing the ISP
Follow the instructions and complete the ISP.
Individual Success Plan (ISP)
Less than Satisfactory
|30.0 %Deliverables||Description of specific deliverables to be completed in the course is not included.||Description of specific deliverables to be completed in the course is incomplete or incorrect.||Description of specific deliverables to be completed in the course is included but lacks sufficient detail.||Description of specific deliverables to be completed in the course is complete and includes sufficient detail.||Description of specific deliverables to be completed in the course is extremely thorough and includes sufficient detail.|
|30.0 %Remaining Deliverables||Description of remaining deliverables to complete is not included.||Description of remaining deliverables to complete is incomplete or incorrect.||Description of remaining deliverables is included but lacks sufficient detail.||Description of remaining deliverables to complete is complete and includes sufficient detail.||Description of remaining deliverables to complete is extremely thorough and included sufficient detail.|
|15.0 %Domains and Competencies||A list of domains and competencies used are not included||N/A||N/A||N/A||A list of domains and competencies used are complete|
|15.0 %Objectives||A list of objectives is not included.||N/A||N/A||N/A||A list of objectives is included.|
|5.0 %Mechanics of Writing (includes spelling, punctuation, grammar, language use)||Surface errors are pervasive enough that they impede communication of meaning. Inappropriate word choice or sentence construction is used.||Frequent and repetitive mechanical errors distract the reader. Inconsistencies in language choice (register) or word choice are present. Sentence structure is correct but not varied.||Some mechanical errors or typos are present, but they are not overly distracting to the reader. Correct and varied sentence structure and audience-appropriate language are employed.||Prose is largely free of mechanical errors, although a few may be present. The writer uses a variety of effective sentence structures and figures of speech.||Writer is clearly in command of standard, written, academic English.|
|5.0 %Paper Format (use of appropriate style for the major and assignment)||Template is not used appropriately or documentation format is rarely followed correctly||Appropriate template is used, but some elements are missing or mistaken. A lack of control with formatting is apparent.||Appropriate template is used. Formatting is correct, although some minor errors may be present.||Appropriate template is fully used. There are virtually no errors in formatting style.||All format elements are correct.|
|100 %Total Weightage|